This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Friday, December 23, 2016

50/50 Friday (12): Sidekick Deserving of a Spin-Off/Better Off With the Group

50/50 Friday is a meme hosted by Carrie @The Butterfly Reads and I and focuses on the opposite sides of books (best/worst, differing opinions, etc).  Every week will have a new topic and several advance topics will be listed in the tab labeled 50/50 Friday!

Today's Topic: Sidekick Deserving of a Spin-Off/Better Off With the Group



Deserving of a Spin-Off
I have two for this because I'm that person that just can't choose.


Perhaps this would be more like a prequel to the current series but it would be so cool to see some of Rowan's adventures first hand before he met Aelin.  Kind of like the five prequel short stories that SJM wrote from Aelin's perspective.  Those are so wonderful and I have no doubt that Rowan could handle his own series and be his own star.












Kenji is used as the comic relief in this trilogy and I think he has so much more potential!  The last book ended with such an open ending, I think he could really carry a spin-off series away with his own adventures in fighting for a better government.















Better Off With the Group


Claire is Helen's best friend and helps her out as she figures out how she fits into the whole legend thing and while Helen plays a special role, Claire is pretty much just there as a supporting character.  As much as I love her sass and personality, I don't thing Claire's spin-off series would be good.  She's really better off sticking with her squad!














What character do you think deserves a spin-off series?  Which characters just wouldn't make it?  Make a post and link up down below!




Next Week's Topic: Best/Worst Food in a Book (that you'd want to eat)

6 comments:

  1. I've only read the first Shatter Me book and Kenji was like the only character I remotely liked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these despite my plans and Lupe's encouragements... Especially with Shatter Me. But I'll admit the comic relief definitely deserves the spin off. I need more laughter, XD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sad! I hope you can get to them soon! I fully agree with Lupe :D Comic relief is great in books (especially serious ones)!

      Delete
  3. Rowan would be awesome in his own spin off! He has so much history and I would love to see it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! He has so much to tell and such an amazing back story!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...