This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo - How You Read

Today's topic is:  How You Read - Paperback? Hardcover? Ereader? Smartphone? Bookmarks, note taking in the margins, or highlighting? Tell us some of your reading rituals!


Well.  I read pretty much anything in any format however I do prefer not to read on my phone/ipod because it seriously hurts my eyes.  Usually, I tend to keep R&R's confined to my kindle and library books to hard copies be it hardcover or paperback.

If I'm buying a book, I like to buy hardcovers because they look so pretty!  And they last a LOT longer.  I don't think I've ever bought a paperback book (well besides the first 4 books in the PJO series... that was back when I hadn't developed any preferences yet though!).

I also sometimes check out books from the digital library for my kindle.  I just find it more comfortable to read in bed with my kindle.  If I have the time, I'll curl up on the couch by the fire and read a nice hardcover book.  Or in the summer, I have a screened in porch with comfy chairs so I go outside to read my hard copies.

Which brings us to my reading rituals!  I always read at least for an hour before bed (no matter what time it is).  I also carry my kindle with me throughout the day so whenever I have a spare minute, I'll be reading!  I have such a list of R&R's to get through that this has become habit.

As for highlighting and note taking...  Well I'll do it in my kindle but I will never write in any book I own (the one exception is for the book I bought specifically for English class so I could highlight and make notes in the margins).  Which is one reason why I only accept digital R&R's.  I usually make notes as I go along so I remember certain quotes or plot points I want to include in my review.  I don't think I would have the heart to mark up a hard copy.

I stand solidly on the bookmark side of things.  I shudder whenever I see dog-eared corners of pages in library books.  I NEED my books to be in perfect condition (I know, I'm crazy)!


Leave your links to your answer to this prompt in the comments so I can read it!  And if you aren't participating, tell me how you stand!

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same as you for a lot of this, for instance I don't read on my phone and prefer library books over buying my own (however that doesn't always stop me :p) I also don't write in books but I do highlight on my kindle and have started tabbing my own books as well recently

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/arc-review-how-we-fall-by-kate-brauning.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read on my phone at all. I prefer the Kindle or the actual book. I sometimes read on the laptop if my kindle is off charging or something like that. The phone screen is just way too small for me!

    My #BookBlogWriMo
    Kenzi @Shattered Hearts Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And yeah, it fits like half a paragraph on a page for goodness sake :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...